You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.
The Acts From Ashes to Beauty Acts 8:4-25
Though the Gospel is c___________it will continue to bring j_____, amazement & grace to all who hear.
4 Truths about the Gospel in the midst of the Ashes
Are we ok to the lengths God will go to carry out HIs mission?
Some big things happening here: (WHO/WHAT/WHERE?)
- WHO? Preachers? They preached the Word. (Spread/Gossiped)
- Where did the they go in the midst of the scattering?
Yes, Samaria. Why significant? Their past/present.
- What did the church do in the midst of the scattering?
To Samaria we go, spreading the truth!
The Gospel can save anyone, from anywhere, from anything.
The Gospel is NOT FOR SALE, IT CANNOT BE BOUGHT, only RECEIVED.
What to make from the “laying on of hands” to received the Spirit?
- This idea is not consistent with the rest of Scripture
- The early Apostles “held the keys to the kingdom.” Matthew 16:19
- The Apostles were “witnesses” which meant to “testify.”
- They simply came to testify, put their stamp on the new converts.
- Peter and John came to “authenticate.” (It was Samaria after all)
Wherever - Whenever - Whoever
FOR THE KIDS! Can you listen for these words? Keep count and let me know how many times you hear:
GOSPEL – JESUS – POWER – JOY – GRACE – CHURCH – GOD
Can you use these words in a sentence? What is one truth you learned tonight?
What is one thing you can’t wait to do this week?
How can you tell someone about Jesus this week?
PARENTS: I’d love to hear form your kids….please email me at